Here’s what we want from our elected officials and how to show up.
Note (for transparency): There are many actions planned at this time. Because of a caution for the safety of Black and Brown people, we are only listing direct actions planned by community partners with direct action training.
- Recall Mike Freeman
- Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman has shown time and again that he can’t be trusted to hold the police accountable. Sign our petition to recall Mike Freeman.
- Sign and share this petition to stand with Black Visions and Reclaim the Block in demanding that the political leaders of Minneapolis:
- #ChangeTheCharter. We demand that the City Council place a charter referendum on the November 2020 ballot.
- #FireFrey. We demand that Jacob Frey immediately resign as mayor of Minneapolis.
- #DefundTheMPD. We call on the Minneapolis city council to cut the 2020 Minneapolis Police Department budget by $45 million.
- Sign and share this petition calling on Minneapolis City Council to pledge to divest the Minneapolis Police Department, which includes:
- Never again voting to increase police funding or to increase the police department’s budget.
- Propose and voting for a $45 million cut from MPD’s budget as the City responds to projected COVID-19 shortfalls.
- Protecting and expanding current investment in community-led health and safety strategies, instead of investing in police.
- Doing everything in my power to compel MPD and all law enforcement agencies to immediately cease enacting violence on community members.